Rent-To-Own America


Why should one get renter's insurance ?

Renter's insurance, while sometimes required by a landlord, is generally optional at tenant's discretion. Also, since often the landlord has insurance, it may seem that renter's insurance may be an unjustifiable expense. In some cases this might be true but in others not. So, to help answer this question, consider the following information:

  • The landlord's insurance policy will only cover damage to the building. It won't pay for the replacement of your belongings and it won't cover your relocation costs should you need to move out while repairs are made.
  • How much personal property do you own ? Imagine how much it would cost to replace everything you have - including your computers, TV's, DVD players, MP3 players, digital cameras, jewelry, bikes and more. Could you afford to do that ? If not, renter's insurance may be right for you.
  • While renter's insurance does not pay your enty, it may cover expenses related to temporary housing if you can't live in your building while its being rebuilt or repaired after being damaged by a covered loss.
  • Renter's insurance applies to renting or subletting a single-family home, apartment, duplex, condo, studio, loft or townhome.

So, if you would like renter's insurance (or if it is required), we present to you...

Farmers Renters Insurance



Property - Renter's insurance provides coverage for damage to your personal property. Coverage is on a 'named-peril' basis which means that only losses resulting from causes listed in the policy are covered, subject to limits and exclusions.

Liability - Covers you when you're legally liable for someone else's bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident, negligent acts by you or household members - on or off premises, including:

  • Costs to resolve claims or defend lawsuits brought against you.
  • Acts of your pets both on and off your property. (Note: pets that have a 'vicious' history may be excluded from coverage.)

Medical Payments - Pays medical costs for people injured at your residence (other than residents of your household), regardless of who is liable.

Additional Living Expenses - Covers additional living expenses for up to 24 months (depending on the policy type) if a covered loss makes your home unfit to live in.

Options - There are additional coverage options to consider, including:

  • Floater Policy - Provides extra coverage for specific items like art, jewelry, collectibles and more (for example, stuff that has a little more value and falls outside the limits of your renter's policy).
  • Identity Shield - Provides assistance in the resolution and coverage for losses due to identity theft in regards to credit and publc records and identity or travel documents replacement.

NOTE: For additional identity theft protection, we also have the Privacy Armor InfoArmor identity protection system as part of the UCES Protection Plan (see Credit Restoration for more information on these services and more).

  • Pet Insurance - For more information on whether pet insurance is right for you, click here.



You may be eligible for a variety of discounts that may help to lower your home insurance premium. Discounts are available for the following:

  • Business/Professional Groups (e.g. doctors, RN's, engineers, dentists, teachers, police, firefighters, etc.)
  • Multi-policy
  • Home renovation
  • New roof discount
  • New home
  • Non-smoker
  • Protective devices
  • Fire safeguards
  • Age 50+
  • and much more !

NOTE: Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary.

  • One-stop shopping - one provider for all your insurance needs
  • Great savings with an array of possible coverage discounts
  • 24/7 claims service
  • Flexible billing plans

For more information or to get an insurance quote, select the image below:

Farmers Insurance

Still need more information ?